Senior Center Criteria.
Professional Certification Programs : The intent of a certification program is to encourage growth and development.
Senior Center Criteria
- Ability of the site to meet the service needs of older persons, including direct access to existing information, referral and emergency services;
- Concentration of older persons living in the vicinity of the center;
- Ability to serve low-income, minority, frail, handicapped seniors living in the vicinity of the center;
- Potential of the site to accommodate additional services. The agency or the department that oversees the site should undertake actions to bring services and programs to the site. Services such as legal assistance, Social Security, health screening, FIA, etc., should be encouraged to bring their programs to the site on a regularly scheduled basis;
- Capability of being open at least 20 hours per week;
- Site should be barrier free (i.e. accessible to the handicapped);
- Accessibility of site to seniors, including access of site to public or private transportation;
- Site must provide at least six (6) of the following services on-site and/or be capable of assisting seniors in accessing all other services:
Adult Day Care
Tax Filing Assistance
Hearing Impaired Services
Home Delivered Meals
Information and Referral
Vision Impaired Services
Substance Abuse Assistance
Documentation for each of the above criteria (108) may include: newsletter copy, program brochures, flyers, affidavits, letters of support, etc.